Now made in a Fair Trade Certified™ facility, Patagonia's neoprene-free Yulex® wetsuits are made of stretchy 85% natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content. Replacing a petroleum-based material with a plant-based one, they offer the same warmth and performance attributes as conventional stretch neoprene while reducing CO2 emissions by up to ~80% in the manufacturing process. Derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance, they blend the natural rubber with chlorine-free synthetic rubber to increase ozone- and UV-resistance and meet Patagonia's rigorous standards for strength and durability. Patterned for maximum flexibility and an improved fit, the R2® Yulex® Front-Zip Full Suit is 3.5mm in the torso and thighs, lined with high-stretch, fast-drying 95% polyester (51% recycled)/5% spandex inverted microgrid; 3mm in the arms and legs, lined with high-stretch, fast-drying 100% recycled polyester jersey; the face fabric is 85% recycled polyester/15% spandex. The face fabric and lining are now solution dyed—using 86% less water than conventional dyeing—and are laminated with water-based AquaA™ glue that’s free from harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs). The suit’s floating front-zip entry features a corrosion-proof zipper and asymmetrical flap for better seal; unlike other designs, the Salmi® zipper is fully replaceable to extend the suit’s lifespan. Supratex kneepads and ankle cuffs provide excellent abrasion resistance and increased durability. 100% external seam sealing; all seams are triple glued and internally taped. Easy-access key loop included. Suggested water temperatures: 55–60° F /13–16° C.
- Made with neoprene-free 85% Yulex® natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber (by polymer content) that meets our rigorous standards for performance, durability, warmth and sustainability; the natural rubber is derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance; the synthetic rubber is chlorine-free. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- Torso/thighs have solution-dyed 95% polyester (51% recycled)/5% spandex inverted microgrid thermal lining that minimizes weight, dries fast and offers excellent flexibility
- Solution-dyed, high-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey lining in the arms/legs improves flexibility and dry time; solution-dyed exterior face fabric made with 85% recycled polyester/15% spandex is durable, stretchy and water-resistant; lining and face fabric laminated with solvent-free AquaA™ glue
- 100% external seam sealing; all seams are triple glued and internally taped
- Supratex kneepads and ankle cuffs for maximum durability and anatomic fit
- Floating, asymmetrical front-zip with corrosion-proof Salmi® zipper provides better seal and extends suit’s lifespan; unlike other designs, zipper is replaceable
- Easy-access key loop