The 2021 Burton Talent Scout is a snowboard for riders that wants to push limits, break boundaries, and claim titles. This is Burtons aggressive, powerful, and super poppy womens freestyle/all mountain performance board, featuring positive camber, a mid-stiff flex, and a whole heap of tech that makes it stay stable at speeds, lay down hard carves, and take on big jumps with ease. This is the one that will take your jump game to the next level or just apply it to the rest of the mountain, with the stability to handle the XL jump line and hit max speed racing down the groomers, plus Off-Axis tech that tweaks this boards construction to suit the natural stance of park riders, giving you a smoother, and more natural feeling ride wherever you feel like riding. With the talent scout under your feet, all eyes will be on you.
Skill Level: Intermediate / Expert
Board Type: All Mountain
- Park: 8/10; All Mountain: 8/10; Powder: 6/10
Camber Type: Positive
- The original, tried and true camber type, and the advocate of powerful turns and poppy precision. Traditional camber is the most aggressive camber type, offering unmatched power, response, and edge control.
- 6.5/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff)
- Twin Flex - This board flexes the same in the nose and tail, allowing you to ride, pop, and press the same in regular and switch.
- Constructed exactly the same tip to tail, this board is designed to provide consistent performance when riding in both switch and regular.
- Super fly II 700G - This core features stronger and lighter woods targeted in specific areas, which provides more pop and strength while reducing weight.
- Dualzone EGD - The wood grain of the core is position along the heel and toe edge on two unbroken zones, perpendicular to the rest of the core. This gives consistent edge hold and strength.
- Womens Specific Triax Glass - This triaxial fibreglass creates a versatile flex and consistent response for performance across all types of snowboarding.
- Off-Axis Squeezebox - Squeezebox consists of thicker, more powerful sections combined with thinner, more flexible sections profiled throughout the core. This enhances energy transfer and makes the board snappier and more stable. Off Axis Squeezebox places the core zones at 15° angles, which better matches the traditional stance of park riders.
- This base made from a durable and highly porous base material that provides added strength and wax absorption for long lasting glide.
Mounting System: The Channel
- The Burton Channel system forgoes your traditional 4-screw mounting system and introduces a channel for your front and rear inserts. This allows you to fine-tune your stance width, and gives you more freedom in your stance location. The Channel is compatible with most major binding brands, but works best with Burton EST bindings.
- Infinite Ride - Burton is able to maximise pop and performance by overbuilding their boards in the factory, and then using machinery to break it down for you. This allows your board to ride the same from day one, to day 100, season after season.
- Off - Axis Frostbite Edges - Edges that extend out slightly underneath your bindings for enhanced edge hold on hardpack and ice.
- Pro Tip - A thinner tip and tail means reduced weight and swing when in the air, helping you to send it!
- Super Sap Epoxy - Super Sap is a bio-based resin that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional petroleum-based epoxies.