The 2021 Burton Story Board has graduated from the special Burton Family Tree range and found a home in the key Burton womens lineup. Previously a yearly special but now a board everyone wants year after year, the Story Board is the ultimate womens freeride snowboard that promotes control, confidence, and power all over the mountain. Burton saw that there was a gap in the line, an aggressive all mountain womens board-shaped hole they had to fill, and that is how the Story Board was created. Born for riding deep powder, carving hard groomers, or soaring through the air, the Story Board features a long list of tech that maintains float, control, and stability, so you're ready to go all the way no matter which adventure you choose.
- All Mountain
- Park: 3/10, All Mountain: 8/10, Powder: 8/10
- Directional Camber
- The original, tried and true camber type, and the advocate of powerful turns and poppy precision. Traditional camber is the most aggressive camber type, offering unmatched power, response, and edge control. Directional Camber puts rocker in the nose of the board, adding extra float in powder while retaining the response and stability of traditional camber.
- 6.5/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff)
- Directional Flex - This board is constructed differently from nose to tail, putting more pop in the tail and strengthening the nose, allowing you to easily maintain control and charge through a variety of snow conditions.
- Freeride Directional
- This board has a shape designed specifically for freeriding, featuring a longer, wider nose and a shorter, tapered tail which combine to give you effortless float in powder and better performance riding forwards.
- Super fly II 700G - This core features stronger and lighter woods targeted in specific areas, which provides more pop and strength while reducing weight.
- Dualzone EGD - The wood grain of the core is positioned along the heel and toe edge in two unbroken zones perpendicular to the rest of the core, which gives consistent edge hold and strength.
- Womens Specific Triax w/ Carbon I Beam - This triaxial fibreglass combined with an ultralight carbon backbone gives you a versatile flex with incredible pop, power, and consistent response for performance across all types of snowboarding.
- Squeezebox - Squeezebox consists of thicker, more powerful sections combined with thinner, more flexible sections profiled throughout the core. This enhances energy transfer and makes the board snappier and more stable.
- Sintered WFO
- Standing for Wide F!#@ing Open, this base made from an extra absorbent, high density sintered material that is infused with a specially formulated wax, resulting in an ultra durable base that rides Wide F!#@ing Open.
- The Channel - The Burton Channel system forgoes your traditional 4-screw mounting system and introduces a channel for your front and rear inserts. This allows you to fine-tune your stance width, and gives you more freedom in your stance location. The Channel is compatible with most major binding brands, but works best with Burton EST bindings.
- Infinite Ride - Burton is able to maximise pop and performance by overbuilding their boards in the factory, and then using machinery to break it down for you. This allows your board to ride the same from day one, to day 100, season after season.
- Balanced Freeride Geometry - A setback camber and stance-centred sidecut makes this board feel like a twin when riding flat based, but still has the tight turns and effortless float you'd expect from a directional board.
- Pro Tip - The tip and tail of this board taper out at the points, reducing swing weight and promoting mobility.
- Frostbite Edges - Edges that extend out slightly underneath your bindings for enhanced edge hold on hardpack and ice.
- Super Sap Epoxy - Super Sap is a bio-based resin that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional petroleum-based epoxies.