The 2021 Burton Day Trader encourages you to throw away the trail map and explore the untouched wonderland off the beaten track. Developed with help from freeride superstar Kimmy Fasani, the Day Trader is an accessible freeride focused board that is versatile enough to be your daily deck, featuring a directional bend that floats in powder and carves on groomers, plus balanced freeride geometry that makes it feel like a twin on a flat base. Make the natural terrain your playground when there's powder, and still ride all over the mountain when there isn't.
- Intermediate / Expert
- All Mountain / Powder
- Park: 3/10, All Mountain: 8/10, Powder: 8/10
- Directional Flat Top
- An overall flat profile with a rocker nose for effortless float in powder and catch-free stability on groomers.
- 4/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff)
- Twin Flex - This board flexes the same in the nose and tail, allowing you to ride, pop, and press the same in regular and switch.
- Freeride Directional
- This board has a shape designed specifically for freeriding, featuring a longer, wider nose and a shorter, tapered tail which combine to give you effortless float in powder and better performance riding forwards.
- Super fly II 700G - This core features stronger and lighter woods targeted in specific areas, which provides more pop and strength while reducing weight.
- Dualzone EGD - The wood grain of the core is positioned along the heel and toe edge in two unbroken zones perpendicular to the rest of the core, which gives consistent edge hold and strength.
- Womens Specific Triax Fibreglass - This triaxial fibreglass creates a versatile flex and consistent response for performance across all types of snowboarding.
- Squeezebox - Squeezebox consists of thicker, more powerful sections combined with thinner, more flexible sections profiled throughout the core. This enhances energy transfer and makes the board snappier and more stable.
- This base is made from a durable and highly porous base material that provides added strength and wax absorption for long lasting glide.
- The Channel - The Burton Channel system forgoes your traditional 4-screw mounting system and introduces a channel for your front and rear inserts. This allows you to fine-tune your stance width, and gives you more freedom in your stance location. The Channel is compatible with most major binding brands, but works best with Burton EST bindings.
- Infinite Ride - Burton is able to maximise pop and performance by overbuilding their boards in the factory, and then using machinery to break it down for you. This allows your board to ride the same from day one, to day 100, season after season.
- Balanced Freeride Geometry - A setback camber and stance-centred sidecut makes this board feel like a twin when riding flat based, but still has the tight turns and effortless float you'd expect from a directional board.
- Pro Tip - The tip and tail of this board taper out at the points, reducing swing weight and promoting mobility.
- Frostbite Edges - Edges that extend out slightly underneath your bindings for enhanced edge hold on hardpack and ice.
- Super Sap Epoxy - Super Sap is a bio-based resin that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional petroleum-based epoxies.